November 4, 2010
Greetings from Wisconsin!
I have just recently returned home from Missouri as my grandma has been experiencing poor health of late. She was admitted into the hospital because she was dehydrated, had low blood pressure, as well as a couple different infections, one being a mild case of pneumonia. Grandma has been doing poorly for a while, suffering from Dimentia of late, as well as Glaucoma for many years. About a month ago when my mom was visiting, Grandma made a conscious decision for Christ. We are praying that she feels His love and presence near her during this time of a lot of confusion and pain in her body. Grandma will probably be staying in the hospital for a while so the doctors can run some tests. Please remember her in prayer, as well as her many children and their families.
Thank you all for praying, and for standing behind me in my decision-making. I have been learning so much about trusting God this year, and this is just one more step for me. I have made a decision this past week to not have chemotherapy treatment, but rather to pursue health by natural means, involving change in my diet, and herbal supplements to bring my body back to health. It was a big decision to make, and I struggled a lot to know which way was the best way for me. I believe I have chosen a path that is not very popular, and yet one I believe will be the best for the sake of my health.
I had an appointment with my Naturopath today, and she sees good progress in my health, though I still have to work at getting my body back to a stronger state because of the cancer. One of my greatest points I need to work on is sleep, as so much healing can occur while resting. I can sleep, but I need to get more sleep, by going to bed early.
Also, I want to express my gratitude for your prayer support for Michail during his long recovery period from his bed sores. He is still slowly but surely getting better, and has been able to begin to function a bit more normally this past week, as he has been able to spend even more time up in his wheel chair, and not in bed all the time. We both still covet your prayers for a total and complete recovery!
Again, I cannot say enough how thankful I am for you all. You have helped me to keep going during one of the hardest years of my life. Don't ever feel like you are not helping someone by praying for them. I can truly say that the peace that I have felt through my trial with cancer has been tremendous, and I know it is a result of you holding me up in prayer before the Lord, night and day.
This passage of scripture has been my testimony. God has allowed all that I have been facing to use it later in my life as a message to bring to others who may be experiencing the same suffering.
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ’s sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too. If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer. Our hope for you is unshaken, for we know that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in our comfort. For we do not want you to be ignorant, brothers, of the affliction we experienced in Asia. For we were so utterly burdened beyond our strength that we despaired of life itself. Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death. But that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead. He delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will deliver us again. You also must help us by prayer, so that many will give thanks on our behalf for the blessing granted us through the prayers of many.” 11 Corinthians 1:3-11
Thank you again for following me with these emails. I know I am apt to write a lot, so I appreciate those of you who take time to read these updates.
Blessings in the name of Yeshua,
Melanie
No comments:
Post a Comment