Sunday, November 3, 2013

Food and feet in Haifa

22 October
We went out for lunch with Leon and Nina, Isaak and Lena to a restaurant downtown Haifa that we walked to. We had an enjoyable lunch, and had some conversation on a casual level. My feet and legs were bothering me quite a lot this day with the swelling. I'm growing and baby has become more active than I have ever imagined! Swelling has been a part of my pregnancy big time since being here in Israel!


 I felt overheated and exhausted by the time we arrived home, so much that I became very emotional. I was able to lay down and get a good rest.



 I ate a banana today that was twins! The bananas here are super sweet, and it's hard to eat a whole one. On our way to Haifa on the train on our first day here in Israel, we went by many banana plantations. They were all under an interesting kind of mesh to keep the birds away from the fruit. We later learned that when the plants begin to grow fruit, the owners place thick, plastic bags over them to protect them from the leaves on the plant because the leaves are extremely sharp. When the bananas are harvested, the harvesters wear full-body suit as protection against the banana leaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment