Saturday, March 27, 2010

sometimes you just have to laugh :)



The days continue to be beautiful here in Rezina. I am just amazed at how God has blessed me here. At night when we walk home from church, the stars and the moon are just breathtaking. I could just spend all night outside.

There are so many funny stories to tell about life in general here. I will try to share a few with you.

Our team has the use of an old land Rover from England, which means that driving is on the right side of the car, which is not the way cars are in Moldova. So, we get the strangest looks whenever we travel anywhere in the car. It gives us lots of time for laughter! This past Thursday we had a couple ocurrances with the Land Rover that were somewhat funny. On our way to the village of Pripiceni, there were lights going on on the dash that we were unsure if we should pay attention to them. When we were ready to go home, we found a flat tire! The guys worked on it, and eventually got a spare put on. I tried to give my help where I could, but things are a little different here, and you have to improvise where certain tools are lacking.
When we returned to Rezina, we were parking the car, and the window on the driver's side decided it didn't want to serve it's purpose anymore, and dropped out of sight in the door! :) Another girl and I tried to extract the window, but to so avail. We ended up leaving it open all night, and next day, one of our guys was able to pull out the window.
Another incident, was that all day yesterday we had no water in our apt. I guess it has happened before, and has eventually come back. It turned out that a visitor we had must have turned off the water in the bathroom in the wrong place. So the water for the whole place was shut off, instead of just the toilet water. We were convinced that there was a problem in Rezina with the water, but it ended up just being a simple mistake. I realized how grateful I am for water, after not having it!
I have started jogging very early in the morning- it's a blessing to be out so early and see the sun rising, and a fresh morning every day. God has spoken so many things to me on these runs.

Please remember my team this week as we present an Easter program to about 7 villages. We have a short time to practice and prepare for what we are going to share. Pray for us that the true message of the work of Christ is presented, and it's not just 'another program'.

This week I will also find out more details about long term missions in moldova. Please keep me in prayer as I make more decisions, and step out further into what God has prepared for me.

Thank you for remembering me in prayer!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad the Lord keeps the smile on your face there as well as all the others. It is good to not let the things that happen all day all around us get us down but instead we need to rejoice in all things and again I say REJOICE! love momica

    ReplyDelete