The past few days we have had temperatures reaching to the mid 70's, and it has been wonderful to go about without a coat!
What is new? I am excited about what God has been speaking to me. I have been waiting on Him for the next step in my missins experience, and in His plan for my life, and I believe He has given me a clear answer. I have desired to return to Moldova, and have been praying about it, and have really wanted to know from God clearly, so that I have an answer to give to those that will ask me, as well as my own heart when it begins to doubt. So, in answer to your questions that I know you have...I plan to retrn to Moldova for an extended period of time, probably beginning this coming September, 2010. I cannot explain many details yet, because it is yet very new to me. I will need extra prayer for this big step. I have stepped out and agreed with God, but now there are more things to consider, and work through. I will keep you posted about more specific prayer requests in this area.
Currently, the LMT(Local Ministry Team) in Rezina where I am is getting a little bit more busy. By next weekend, we plan to have a small European team join us for a few days. They are travelling around Europe doing ministry, and will be in Rezina for about 3 days. We are putting together a plan for while they are here, as well as programs to share with the children for Easter. Our team has continued to grow and shrink as the weeks pass, and it has created some challenges, but all have been opportunities for growth.
Glinje
Today, there was a challenge, as there were only two of us girls available to go to a village called Glinjeni. Michaela is from Austria, and though she has been in Moldova for a year, sometimes the Romanian language can be a struggle when it comes to teaching Bible stories. She and I were going to this village, and I have not yet caught on to the language enough to do more than say some words. Also, we were taking a car that was not very reliable, and we were not completely sure of the way...All that said, we were facing what seemed to be some giants, but our God was faithful to bring us safely there, and we really had a great time with the children. They are so sweet, and try to get us to stay with them as long as possible.
Please remember in prayer some needs from other villages we minister in:
Pripiceni:
-children's program: many of these children are very active, and it's often a struggle to keep their interest. pray for wisdom for us as we plan and present the love of God to these kids.
-english lessons: opportunities to reach these young people with the gospel as well as through lessons
Ciniseuti:
-children's program: not many children coming lately, possibly having to do with the weather, but, it can be discouraging
-mother of a former LMT member is in the hospital. she is blind.
Papauti:
-children's program(same as above)
-english lessons
Gordinesti:
-believers gathering for church: not many-pray for strength and encouragement
Saharna:
-influences from the local monestary: pray for the truth to be made known
-kids program: consistancy in children that come-very sporadic, and its hard to keep up with lessons with new kids every week
Rezina:
-outreach to the local Maxima shop/small food store: recently had a fire, and the local Baptist church has asked
-Pastor Virgil and Sister Larisa: travelling to Holland for Easter to visit a church there-pray for safe travel, and the church while they are gone
Thank you to all those who are stopping by to read these updates. I hope you are getting an idea of what it's like here. Please ask questions if you are wondering about anything that I am involved with here, or what God is doing.
I miss you, my friends, and I will soon be returning. It is hard to believe that 3 months can go by so fast! Tomorrow is one month until I fly home. Please keep me in prayer as there are a lot of details to cover before that day.
God bless and keep you!
Pace Domnului! the peace of God
No comments:
Post a Comment