Dear Friends,
I don't know how many of you have been following the details of my present condition on facebook, but here I will attempt to give a more detailed update.
I don't know how many of you have been following the details of my present condition on facebook, but here I will attempt to give a more detailed update.
I am still in Canada, and will be remaining here for a while I suspect, as the health procedures necessary for my condition are more affordable here than in the states, as I have no health coverage there, nor here, for that matter. Yet, even in this, there will still be a considerable amount of hospital bills, and in spite of my current low income situation, I know that somehow the Lord is going to provide all the finances needed.
God has graciously allowed me to be here with dear friends for this time- Michail's family-and I really believe God has His hand on this whole situation. The support I have been receiving has so encouraged me to keep on, and keep my eyes on my Father. I have been fearful, and have struggled a lot, but the Lord has been my help.
I returned to the hospital for an MRI following an ultrasound, which confirmed what the doctors suspected. I have a very large growth on my left ovary, the size of a football. Shocking, yes. I am not quite sure what to make of it, but God knows.
I saw a gynecologist the day after the MRI, and she confirmed that I needed surgery to have it removed as soon as possible. We are waiting for he hospital to call us back regarding the date of the surgery, as I have been placed on an emergency cancellation list. The doctor said that [unless God intervenes] I will definitely lose my left ovary, and they are not sure about the right ovary, as the size of the mass keeps them from being able to see very clearly before operating. We are praying the surgery can begin tomorrow.
For a woman, obviously this is a very serious thing, especially at my age, and being single. We are praying for a miracle, and even the preservation of the left ovary, should the Lord be so gracious.
Also, though this condition is not uncommon for a woman of my age, it is not very common for it to be this size. They will not know the type of tumor/cyst it is until they have removed it and can send it for testing. Of course it will be tested for cancer, etc.
Also, though this condition is not uncommon for a woman of my age, it is not very common for it to be this size. They will not know the type of tumor/cyst it is until they have removed it and can send it for testing. Of course it will be tested for cancer, etc.
My parents were able to get their passports expedited very quickly and make it to Canada, after quite a procedure, and many, many praying friends and family interceding on their behalf.
They drove to the passport office in Detroit, MI, and walked out with their passports in one hour! Praise the Lord. I am so glad they can be here to support me, and they are glad to be near me, of course, during this tough time.
Of course, because I do not know the outcome of this surgery, or what will follow, I am very unsure about the future in regards to my upcoming missions trip to Moldova.
As you can imagine, all of my attempt at beginning to raise support for my trip has been put on hold, as I have been in an intense amount of pain, have been in and out of the emergency room and hospital, and have been on pain medication round the clock-which only seems to take a small edge off the discomfort I am feeling.
As you can imagine, all of my attempt at beginning to raise support for my trip has been put on hold, as I have been in an intense amount of pain, have been in and out of the emergency room and hospital, and have been on pain medication round the clock-which only seems to take a small edge off the discomfort I am feeling.
Only God knows, of course. All I can say is, I can do no preparation ahead of time at this point. I am away from home, and may be for an extended period of time, depending on the results of my surgery.
Please freely tell anyone you can about me. I can use all the prayer I can get.
Thank you so much for all your prayer support and encouraging words. I will try to keep you updated as much as possible. If I am unable, I am sure my family will try to post news on facebook.
I am blessed beyond words because of all the awesome support I have been getting from home, in Canada, and around the world. The Body of Christ is so indescribable!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Thank you so much for all your prayer support and encouraging words. I will try to keep you updated as much as possible. If I am unable, I am sure my family will try to post news on facebook.
I am blessed beyond words because of all the awesome support I have been getting from home, in Canada, and around the world. The Body of Christ is so indescribable!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment