Monday, August 23, 2010

Surgery

Tomorrow(Tuesday) morning I will be going into surgery at 7:30am to remove a football size mass on my left ovary. It is uncertain what type of tumor/cyst I have until after the operation when it is sent for testing.

I have been in a lot of pain the past few days, because I have had a change in my pain medication to prepare for the operation. The medication I am currently on has not helped with the pain as much.

The surgery is scheduled to last for about 2-3 hours, depending on what they find after testing the tumor after removal. If the tumor is found to be malignant, then they will have to go back in and do a biopsy of other things. We are praying that this is unnecessary, and that the surgery will remove the mass intact and leave nothing behind. It will be major surgery for this reason. They want to remove it in one piece. Following the surgery, I will have a few days to recover in the hospital before returning home to my family's house in Milwaukee.

I want to extend many thanks to all that have helped out with my brothers and sisters while my parents were in Canada, and all those who have unceasingly prayed for me. Thank you so much! The way you have expressed your love and devotion has touched my heart in ways that I could never have imagined!

Please continue to keep my family in your prayers. This has been a hard trial for them. They have been real troupers, but have been through so much already to try and do the best for me, and keep me comfortable.

We will definitely try to keep everyone updated, but please be patient with us if there is no response for a while. Phone calls will probably be the best way to get a hold of my family, if not on facebook.

Emotionally, I have been doing well, for the most part. At times, I have definitely struggled a lot. But God has really encouraged me to see that He has a bigger plan in mind. I am excited to see what testimony He is going to bring out of this! The Lord has been my strength. I would not be able to go on without Him.

Michail is currently on his way from Canada to be near me during my surgery and recovery. I am blessed to have such an awesome man in my life who loves me and cares about me before himself.

I love you! Hugs to you all.

melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment