In January, Michail asked me to marry him, and I accepted with all my heart. We have set our wedding date for August 2, which I have begun to realize is not very far off! Shortly after our wedding, I will move to Canada with my Beloved.
We will take up residence in the home that Michail has prepared for us in London, Ontario.
Now I am in the midst of a lot of wedding planning. I am struggling to keep myself stress-free in the middle of thoughts that want to run in all directions, even when I am sleeping!
As I mentioned, I am in Canada, and Michail and I are working on making the most of our two weeks of time together to get as much accomplished as possible in preparation for our betrothal and wedding. Betrothal is the Biblical form of engagement. However, it is as binding as marriage, and at the betrothal we will exchange the same vows that we will on our wedding day, only in a more intimate, family setting. Michail will officially ask me to marry him, and will give me a ring!
While here in Canada, I am also getting my wedding dress altered, which I was able to find in January, thanks to my awesome cousin, who kept her eyes open for me! The story gets better though - the dress was only $50.00! Now tell me who buys a wedding dress for that crazy price? The size was much too large, but Michail's mom is an excellent seamstress, and is working hard on it for me! God is so good to me, and I am so grateful for the ways He is showing me that He cares.As for a health update, Michail is still recovering from one final bedsore, and we are praising the Lord that soon he will be able to be back to normal again, as the remaining sore is very small now. In all actuality Michail's recovery time has been quite rapid in light of how long these type of sores have been known to last.
Once more, I have been to
I am looking forward to helping plant my garden here in Canada (as we know Spring is just around the corner), as we will be reaping the fruit of it shortly after we are married! Thinking ahead is hard sometimes, but as I do, I would ask that you would remem
-My move to Canada, and all that this may involve, known and unknown
-transporting my things across the border, especially myself
-change of drivers license, and other legal paperwork
-health coverage until I become a permanent resident (Canada has socialized medicine)
-making the right connections with a doctor in Canada for my periodic checkups
-Wisdom for choosing and purchasing a bed that will suit Michail's needs and fit two :)
-Adjusting
-Learning the Russian language -for easier communication with Michail's mom
I appreciate you all so much, and though I may not know who exactly reads this, I am glad to be able to update you and share the good news of what God is doing in my life.
Blessings and Shalom!
hey mel....
ReplyDeletejust thought id let you know i read your blog....though im pretty sure i already knew all this!
miss u
ruth
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so happy for you and will pray for you! You are such an inspiration, you have been through so much, if anyone deserves an awesome find in a wedding dress, it's you! You and Michail are a beautiful couple, I wish you many, many blessings!
ReplyDeleteThanks sis!
ReplyDelete------------
Thank you so much Dana! You are so encouraging. Yes, God has blessed us so much!
So super to hear all this good news. May you have a beautiful time planning for this new step in your life. May Jesus give you all the strength you need. Lot's of love to you both, Dawn
ReplyDelete