Monday, July 18, 2011



Counting down the days to the wedding, which is now about only 15 days...! While all that planning is going on, here is a little bit of what else is happening in our family.
Today my sister Ruth (18) goes into surgery to determine if the complications she has been having with her heart are what they have diagnosed it to be. It is possible that she may have two signals in her heart, where there should only be one in an average heart. If this is found to be so, the doctor plans to do a procedure to carterize one of them, so her heart will work properly. She has been told that this also may not be the solution to her problem, as the rapid heart rate she has been experiencing can be caused by many things. Please pray today at 3:30pm, as Ruth goes into surgery.

Also, my brother Jon (10) has come down with Strep throat, and looks like he may have asthma, as he is having trouble with his breathing, and lungs. Please pray for his healing, as well as protection for the rest of the family, as we have a wedding in two weeks, in which most of the family is a part of :)
We think Jon contracted this while away at camp last week. Poor guy almost enjoyed a whole week of fun, but ended up in the nurses station by the end of the week. :(
I am doing well, trying to get all the loose ends tied together for the wedding...cause it's my wedding! There are so many things left to do in such a short time, but it's awsome to see the Lord bringing it all together for us.

I am in the process of making connections with an oncologist in London, Ontario, where Michail and I will be living after our wedding, so that I can continue to have periodic checkups. My health continues to be great, though I know now a days, I have to be extra careful, as life tends to be a bit more stressful.
My sister Amanda is getting ready for her first time on a short term missions trip to Swaziland, S.Africa- the weekend immediately following my wedding. I am trying to help her as much as possible, and part of me wishes I was going too. I miss being out there on the field. Please keep Amanda in your prayers as she finishes up this week at her job, and then prepares to leave very soon after the wedding. She leaves on August 6, and will be gone for two weeks.

Thanks for praying - I will keep you posted about Ruth, and look forward to that being a good report!

God bless your day,

Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment