Tuesday, July 16, 2013

3 years and Counting!

Happy Anniversary to my dear husband! Today marks 3 years since we met in person in the town of Burlington, WI.  What a day of memories we shared!

We started out at the Sleep Inn in Mukwonago, WI, where Michail was staying that was about 15 minutes from where I lived at the time. He had arrived in WI from Canada late the night before, and that Friday morning, called and asked if I would meet him for breakfast at the hotel where he was.  This was a bit unexpected, as I had "planned" on meeting him where I lived.  Well, no big deal, right?  I drove there, and got there too early. I parked and thought a bit on what I was about to do. I was pretty nervous!


I parked next to this van with Canadian plates...which I knew by this point was HIS van.

 I went inside after seeing two of his close friends come out to the van.  They informed me that Michail was still getting ready with the caregiver, and would be a few minutes longer. That was okay with me, and I ended up sitting down in the foyer of the hotel and chatting with Przemek, one of Michail's friends for about 45 minutes before the man himself came riding out in his "chariot" :)
 
I chose to extend a hand in greeting, but he was planning to give me a hug - so that's where we began "Can I give you a hug?", Michail said. Of course I did. We shared a mini bagel with cream cheese and some orange juice.
 
 
And, since Michail is not much of a breakfast person (and maybe was a little nervous), we wrapped up our mini lemon poppy seed muffins to go. :)
 
 
After we had a nice chat, and I learned a few things about how I had to help Michail with eating and such, we headed out to the parking lot. We planned to then drive over to Meadowlark Acres Family Campground where I lived and worked at the time. There we were to meet up with my family who had make the 40 minutes drive out to meet this "dear" friend of mine :)
We exchanged some gifts - this was one I made for him:
He had nicknamed me "Miss Watermelon", and of course, he was "Mr. B".
 
Below is one of many gifts he gave me over the course of the time we spent together that weekend. A Niagara Falls cap. :)  This is our two hats together...of course.

 
Here he is making me a sweet card for me, 
 
and me wearing my new hat.

 
My family gave him this funny hat - here is the two of us together in Gramma Beth's house.
 
The day has so many details, and I would love to go back and recount them all. But here is just a few for you from the weekend. We hung out together and also with my family. We played music and sang together,
 


and just hung out as one big happy family :)
 
 
 
As I mentioned, there were a lot of memories we made that I didn't recount here, but those will just be treasured up in our hearts and remembered always.
 
Michail I love you and may our next 3 plus years only get better and better! Apart from Yeshua, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me!  I love you with all my heart!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment