Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Little wonders and Significant Places

I wish I could share every detail, but with all the photos taken by my brother and myself, there is no way we could post them on here, especially with an internet that is not very high speed. :) If you are interested, come on over when we get home, and we can share our whole collection!

This little sweetheart is called Liel (Lee-El) "to me from God". She was born with Downs and her mom shared with us her special story. It was touching, and especially her mom's determination to keep her and not have an abortion, even with the pressure from her own father. She is perfect, born with no heart complications that are normal with Downs children. She is going in soon for a check up to make sure that everything is still okay at her 2 years. I was so drawn to her. She and her family attend the congregation in Nazareth. I was so blessed to meet her!

Jerusalem - we visited for the first time and I can't describe very well the feelings of being in this significant place.

Almost there! 
Supply trucks from the 6-day war
Arrows monument from 6-day war, pointed toward Jerusalem
Bridge that resembles David's harp outside of Jerusalem for streetcars

Approaching the city







A spectacular view - graves on the hillside of the mount of Olives. Everyone wants to be buried here, though it's quite expensive to have a plot. This is because this is the place where it is prophesied that Messiah will return and His feet will stand on the mount of Olives. The dead in Messiah will rise...it is believed that that those buried here will be the first to rise.
And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. Zechariah 14:4

The walls! 
Another view of the graves and mount of Olives, with the city on your left.


More pictures to come soon!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Melanie I can't wait to hear all. Its amazing to see the beauty there.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. uuummmm mel? Where is Hanna? I might just put some pics of her on my blog....lol....miss you! I still cant believe it!
    love you
    tori

    ReplyDelete