It is one of my favorite psalms that has partially inspired this note.
Pslam 139:10 says "Even there your hand will lead me, and your right hand will hold me." As a note in my margin by this verse, I have written, "where is YOUR 'even there'?"
Let me explain a little.
I am in the middle of a big decision again regarding overseas missions. I felt that I could relax for a bit after this summer since I was a part of two short term trips. I was ready to be home for a while. Can you really relax when God has a call on your life? I think I have come to the conclusion that I can't. It didn't take long before I began to feel that itching to be gone again, and to be a part of what God is doing overseas. So I inquired about a longer trip, because I had found that 2 weeks really was too short.
To make a long story short, I have plans to go back to Moldova in the early part of 2010. These plans are still sketchy, and I am doing a lot of praying about them, because, unlike my other trips, I will not be traveling with a team. I have never ventured out into something like this before, so I am a little apprehensive. I know God is for me, and if He has opened this door, no man can shut it-not even me.
I guess what I am trying to say is that I need a lot of prayer, and real fast prayer. I have to make decisions very soon....almost like yesterday, and I just need assurance from the Lord.
Please join me in prayer about this opportunity, and if God puts it on your heart to help me financially, I would be most grateful as well. I don't know the details of what this trip will cost, but I know I have a Father who owns all the cattle on a thousand hills.
So..my 'even there' at this point, is not necessarily Moldova, but right now. This time of being unsure, and, yes, a little fearful of the unknown. This is the place where I need God to meet me, and reassure me of His presence.
Thank you for your love and support!
No comments:
Post a Comment