Yahweh has again remembered me. One week later, I heard from the lab that my AFP cancer marker in my blood was at an excellent place! If you want to compare, when the cancer was found in August 2010, my levels were at about 400. This time, the marker was at 5.0 - a very normal, healthy place! I am rejoicing again that I have life, and am cancer free, though it's hard when I hear about friends like this one who are continuing to face bad news when I am so healthy :
Dana has leukemia, and is in desperate need of a bone marrow transplant. Living in Eastern Europe is a challenge medically. They have no BM (Bone Marrow) Registry. Dana has been in remission, but it seems that the cancer has returned again. This is a message from Dana's husband, Eugen - "Today Dana wrote me(Eugen) an SMS with following verse: “Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again...”(Psalm 71:20). This happened after we found out the followings. In the last few days beside her knee pain, she started to have a headache, being dizzy and vomiting. Today we went to have a blood test, it turned out that her thrombocytes are really low, her leucocytes really high and a few blast cells again, it means that we lost the remission again."
Tomorrow early in the morning we will fly to Bucharest to be urgent hospitalized. It seems that we will start another chemotherapy and we have to look for an URGENT bone marrow donor.Would you please keep us in your prayers!
Pray for:
* a safe trip(especially with Dana’s health condition);
* God’s strength for Dana ;
* a donor to be found as fast as possible;
* us.
Thank you again for being close!
With love,
Eugen & Dana Ciumac
No comments:
Post a Comment