Cereal
1/2 C. raw, old fashioned oats, ground to flour consistancy
1/2 C. almonds, ground to almost flour consistancy
1 diced Granny Smith apple (or coarsely chopped in blender is faster!)
1/2 C. unsweetened, shredded coconut
1 T. ground flax seed
1/2 C. raisins
1 t. cinnamon
Grind oats and nuts in an electric coffee grinder - works great! Combine all ingredients.
-----------------
Banana Milk
1 banana
1 C. water
1 t. pure vanilla extract
handful almonds
Throw all ingredients in blender, blend on High until smooth. Milk will be thick. Add more water if desired to thin.
Mix into cereal and enjoy. This keeps in the fridge as well - it just gets thicker as the liquid absorbs. We ran errands today and took the rest along - it was a great snack + filler food!
By 7am, my husband was up and ready to start the morning. He made some phone calls, and then we sat down to eat - double time. We spent some time in prayer, and read the scriptures as we ate our breakfast! This morning we were reading in the book of 1 John. It was so awesome what we discovered! We underlined many verses that took on new meaning this morning! 1 John 3:22 was one that we had to stop and say "wow".
And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.
What are God's commandments? In the Bible, remember that God made a covenant with His people Israel. He showed them how to live holy, set apart lives, to reflect His image. Yahweh gave them commandments on Mt. Sinai, and laid out explicitly how to walk in His ways. He showed them the blessings of obedience, and the consequences/curses of disobedience. He said to "Be holy as I am holy"(Lev.11:44).
I was so astounded by the simplicity of this verse this morning. As the children of the Most High, He will give us whatever we ask, as we are faithful to be obedient to the covenant that He made with us.
Another verse, 1 John 3:24 siad this:
Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.
In John 15, Yeshua said to "Abide in Me.." By keeping His commandments, we are abiding in Him, and He is abiding in us. (Abide - "to remain as one")
After we had our breakfast, we headed out to have a nice 1/2-hour walk in the air that had grown rather muggy and warm already by 9am. On our way home we stopped at the grocery store! We made it home in enough time to get cleaned up and get ready to head out the door for my doctor appointment. Today I had a 6-month follow up appointment with my oncologist here in London. I felt like we were running late, but, as Michail always likes to say, we are always "right on schedule". We arrived at the appointment with 1 minute to spare :)
As I always feel when I enter the Cancer Clinic, I again had the sensing that I don't belong here. God has healed me of cancer, and yet in a strange way, I feel a link with all the people that fill the chairs of the waiting room. Bald heads, head scarves, frail, elderly people. In my heart is a cry, and a desire to help them all. I want to tell them all that there is hope..that cancer does not have to be a death sentence. As I waited for the doctor, I had a lingering hope in my heart. I know my healing has been real. I knew there would be a good report today. Soon I will celebrate 2 years of being cancer free. Praise Yahweh! He has done it.
After the appointment, our day continued to race on, but ended in a quiet Shabbat dinner...just the two of us with our candles lit, and our hearts grateful for our Father and His bountiful supply in our lives.
| |
No comments:
Post a Comment