

I have heard it is said that you are what you eat. Well, I eat a lot of nuts, and thanks to a couple new friends, we were blessed with a bunch of freshly dried walnuts for our consumption! :) Last night as we were visiting with a friend, we were snacking on them, and as I cracked the nuts, I remembered that our 4 year old nephew was coming over today, and I decided to save soem shells for him to enjoy. Here is what came of them.

We made little ships with the walnut shells and a bit of wax and toothpicks, and sent them sailing on the green sea (thanks to food colouring), although Ezra rather liked to dock the ships high up on the rocks instead of sailing them with little wind gusts (or puffs). Time stood still as this little guy played with his ships. We made little sharks with melted wax, and that added to the adventure!

While Ezra played, and in between rescuing sunken ships, I made some cookies - a new recipe from a friend. Of course I altered it to my needs :) They turned out wonderful, but I think I will put less honey in next time. I'm sorry, but I can't seem to get my photo rotated. If you are interested in the recipe, just ask, as I haven't the time to include it here at this point when I should be headed to bed, instead of getting frustrated with my blog.

Some little laughs of the day included Ezra singing me a song about a beautiful princess who lived in a castle. She went out to walk in the garden with the principal and the king. In the garden there was a bee singing a song...etc. The principal and the princess...I wonder if these are his mom and dad, as his dad is a high school principal, and his mom? He told me today that his mom's last name was Gorgeous, "that's what my dad told me".
One more - I told him that I had the same last name as his Baba (Russian Grandma).
His reply was, "what, Pierogi?" (a traditional Russian food that Baba makes).
He had me laughing today. I love 4 year olds. They are so inquisitive. He calls my juicer, "the Juicer Monster", and I play along with it. He is so much fun!
Very nice.
ReplyDeleteMella, I am visiting your blog through Love Like this Life. I am praying for you and your family to have a blessed Christmas and New Year. Cheri
ReplyDeleteThank you Cheri, for visiting my blog! I don't keep up like I should with it, but I do my best. Do you have a blog?
ReplyDelete