Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Just little foxes and taking a lesson from the duck

In Song of Solomon 2:15 I have read about little foxes that spoil the vine.  Lately I think I have been learning a bit about what this means.  In my understanding, the foxes are little things that I allow to get in between me and my husband in our marriage - things that slowly creep in, and if not nipped in the bud, can take root and become something big.  It can me a misunderstanding, lack of communication, something assumed, or simply the differences there are between male and female that we are both still learning about!

It's hard.  Sometimes I just want him to understand me, but he doesn't always. I need to explain, just like I need him to explain for me, or rephrase something.  I have issues with holding on to things, even if they are small. 

Grrr...why?

Why can't I take a lesson from the duck who has a water resistant oily-substance on his feathers so that the rain just rolls off? In 1 Peter 5:7, I find that I am to cast my cares on Adonai because He cares for me.

I am learning. Let go, let go, let go. Be humble. Talk it out. Forgive.

Surrender.


2 comments:

  1. Oh girl, I hear you! Hahaha. It's funny for us, because I'm the one who never wants to talk, and he always wants to talk and talk and talk. I feel like I'm a dude in the communication department. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dana. I forgot to add that on top of this we both had issues that we were facing that made us not really be ourselves - one with a brokem arm, and one with a bad cold. I felt physically terrible, but I can't just stop and let someone else take over, cause there is no one else - that would have made me feel bad too. I had to keep going. For him, he can't do anything about the broken arm, and had to go on with his regular routine, though I must say that it has really stirred up a lot of challenges and broken routine tremendously. Being genuine with each other is what we are working on, and not letting things pile up.

      Delete