Monday, January 11, 2010

God's still working-even now


Hello Everyone! I guess it's time for an update.

I have been keeping busy working in the dining room at the Christian Youth Camp/Conference Center where I am employed. Business picked up tremendously following the holidays. It is an awesome place to work, and I have enjoyed the opportunities the Lord has opened up for me to reach out to the youth that I work with, most being high school age. I really see this place as more than a place of employment. There is a lot of God-work that goes on there. I am excited to be a part of it. I will be sad to leave, in a couple weeks. I will not be working there over the summer, so it will be a sad goodbye to a lot of awesome friends.
Aside from the camp, I am employed my an elderly friend as her companion. I live with her, and help her out with housework, and running errands, and as company when she gets lonely. I find plenty of time to catch up on an old favorite pastime-reading. I also keep busy hauling wood, and keeping the fire blazing...then sit down with a book. :) Over the summer months I am employed here at the family camp where my friend currently lives.

I am currently still collecting funds for my trip to Moldova, and must say, it's almost scary to say that I am leaving in exactly 3 weeks from today, and I haven't packed a thing! I am certain that my last week will be a little hectic getting ready, just cause it always is. :) I am excited to go, and make a difference in even one life, if God should allow that, but am also looking forward to how God is going to do a work in my heart while over there. I know there will be a lot to get use to, and I'm sure there will not be a lack of struggle, since that is life. But, I am sure that God will instill in me some treasures that I will be glad to share when I return.
Please remember me in prayer as I prepare in these last few weeks, and that I will continue to stay strong in trusting the Lord for provision. I have yet to purchase my flight, as well as send in the remaining funds to OM(Operation Mobilization) for land arrangements. I am short, roughly, about $2000. (God owns all the cattle on a thousand hills, I hear)
Sometimes it is easier to trust when I can see His hand moving, but the best time to trust, and when that trust gets strengthened, is when all seems dark and impossible around me. Then my only stability comes from God. He is the only one I can lean on.
Please remember my family in prayer as well, because of the loss of a dear friend 1 day ago to cancer. Elizabeth Naragon was a close friend, in her early 40's, who left behind a loving husband, Tod, and a daughter, Michelle(11), and son, Steven(9), and many, many friends. She will be dearly missed, but we are rejoicing that she is no longer in pain, and enjoying the presence of her Savior. This is especially hard on my mom, as well as my little sister Tori, who is close friends with her daughter, Michelle.

Thank you, again, to everyone who is praying for me, and supporting me financially. The Lord is using you to bless me, and it means so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment