It's with a mixture of emotions that I think of the 10 days that remain for me here in Moldova. I am sad to have to say goodbye, but also looking forward to returning. I am excited to return home and share about the daily occurances here in Moldova that have become as normal as waking up in the morning, but I know there will be some challenges to face at home as well. This is the first time I have been out of the country for 3 months, so I know there is going to be a lot of culture shock upon returning home, especially in regards to the fact that Moldova is so culturally different from the States. I appreciate your prayers in regards to this for me!
Today in Moldova is a day called the Easter for the dead. It is a national holiday, where Moldovans go to local cemetaries and bring food and celebrate. They believ
As I prepare to leave this Moldova, I would appreciate prayer for my travels. I fly out of Moldova at about 7 pm on the night of the 22 for those stateside. For me it's going to be a pretty early morning on Friday that I fly. With all the time change, I arrive mid-afternoon in Milwaukee. I am going back in time...that in itself will be a lot to get use to! It will be about 1am on Saturday, Moldovan time.
Please pray also that I can get things wrapped up here well, and get through all the goodbyes... :( as well as any other small issues that may coem up between now and then. I appreciate the fact that you are praying and standing behind me!
Will definitely keep you in prayer ~ for the things that need to get done, for your continued health & safety, for your aching heart as you leave, & for your re-entry into American culture...
ReplyDeleteKeep in mind that the missions orientation paperwork says you need a day (or more) of rest/recuperation for each time zone crossed. You're probably going to be so excited that you want to stay up & tell the whole family everything in one day ~ but, rest...
I'm SO happy that you've walked in obedience, had this experience, & will continue to pray for clarity of God's leading in the next step of your life...
Love you, sis!!!
Jenn <><
Oh my dear Melanie, how precious is the heart God has given you for his people. Just remember that it is indeed His heart and He will bring you through on the solid ground over here in the USA as He did you there. It is so much more the emotion of it all then anything else and for that I will pray. Remember that God knows just the tool to use to draw us unto Him. (I guess in your case that may be a pencil as far as drawing goes. :) Love Mom
ReplyDelete