dear faithful prayer warriors,
thank you for praying for me. it was sad to part with my friends, teammates, and dear brothers and sisters in Christ yesterday, but yet with a promise of the future. So, we didn't say goodbye, but see you later.
Today has been a long day of travel, with more hours than should normally be in a day, if you count them all together. I have been traveling from Moldova for about 20 hours with very little sleep, but I have made it safely home to America, and I am happy to report that there were no complications with my flights, and I think I could say it was the easiest return trip home from overseas, as far as travel goes. I know you were praying, and I so appreciate that you had my back. I arrived in my home town at about 3:30pm(CST).
Right now I am feeling the effects of the time change, and feel like i need to be in bed like the rest of Moldova is, but I'm doing my best to stay awake.
Upon reaching the airport in Germany, I had to stand in line for the restroom, and because I happened to be carrying a bag that said Chisinau on it, from Moldova, a conversation was started between another woman and I. I had previously recognized by her dress, and her language that she was from Moldova, and was of course interested very much in maybe talking to her. God opened it up! She began by asking me about my bag. With my very limited knowledge of the Romanian language, I ended up having a conversation with her, and it was fun! I was excited at how much I could communicate, though I'm sure my use of certain verbs were wrong. At a certain point she asked her daughter I believe, who was walking by in the airport, to translate. It felt good to be able to communicate! I think I tried more with her than I ever did when I was in Moldova, and I didn't even know her. :) She sent me off with 'Drum bun' and 'Dumnezeu se va binecuvanteze' (God speed, and God bless).
On my return flight from Frankfurt, Germany, as God would have it, I sat next to a woman who was a former missionary in South Africa. We bonded in Christ immediately, and shared many experiences. It was an extra special blessing to meet her, and to share fellowship, and be encouraged to keep trusting God to make a way for my every situation. Thanks Adeye!
I was received with a hug by some dear friends at the airport, as my family is away picking up a sister from Bible school this weekend.
I ask again for your prayer support as I get accustomed to live not in Moldova now. The reverse culture shock is sometimes more difficult I think. I appreciate your patience with me. Thank you again for standing behind me and praying me home.
I love you, and more reports will hopefully come soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment