My God is with me, just as He has promised. He said He would be with me as I depart, and as I return, and I have found Him to be true to His word.I have now been home in America for about 3 days, and there have been some challenges, though not unexpected. Imagine living in a completely different culture for 3 months, sharing everyday life with a certain people group every day for those 3 months, and getting use to that being 'home'. All around you is a language spoken that is not your native language, but it has become the norm as every part of your life now involves this language. Can you imagine this? I know most of you cannot, if you have never spent any time in another very different culture and among a strange language.
I am experiencing some culture shock, as well as jet lag yet.
I have been a
ble to sleep at night, for which I am very grateful to the Lord, after being exhausted all day trying to keep myself awake. I have found that I have been waking up almost every morning at 4am...lunch time in Moldova :) ...but have been able to sleep again afterwards. Moldova's time zone is about 8 hours later than CST. I have heard that it will take a while to adjust. So far it has not been real bad. I just have to keep active during the day, and I stay awake. :)This week I am taking it slow, laying low, hanging out with my family, and just resting. I have a lot I feel I should be doing, and part of me wants to jump right on it, but I know I have to prioritize the time that I have here to be with family.
I am encouraged that Jesus is by my side, and as I take His hand, He will continue to lead me in the path that He has already prepared for me from the beginning of time.
No comments:
Post a Comment