Thursday, January 12, 2012

A peek into my home

In my last entry I mentioned that we have a bigger bed. I cannot say how much of a blessing it is to both Michail and I. Many thanks to a sweet elderly couple who gave it to us for free!
Also, I mentioned that I have two new helping hands in the kitchen - my juicer and blender:
I am enjoying having children around the house. I have agreed to help out my sister in law with her two boys every day of the school week as they are in the process of looking for a home since their's sold. They are temporarily staying at a family member's house which is not nearby. So, to keep the kids in the same school for the rest of the year, I walk one nephew to the school bus in the mornings, and then he and his brother hang out at our house after school for a bit until their dad can pick them up after work. Here are some signs of kids being in our house:
Also, about 2 days a week, I will be watching a little neighbor boy while both parents are working - a favor that my sister in law is not able to manage anymore with moving out of the neighborhood.
I am so excited to have little voices in our home now! I love kids, and according to Yahweh's will and plan, I am expectant about having my own one day.
Oh, and here is Jackson, my nephew's frog that we are "frog-sitting" while they make their transition. He goes to his new home today :(
Michail has been helping me a lot lately with finishing up my paperwork for immigration to Canada. We have realized that time does not stand still like we would like. Yesterday I was digging through some old journals to find some dates from when I started working, and for periods of time. I always find so many interesting things in my journals. I came across some details about when I worked at a Holiday Inn, and the many people that I came in contact that with were hurting. I don't remember many of the stories of sharing Yeshua with them, of asking them their stories, of listening to them....so I am again very glad that I took the time to record those instances.
My stomach is telling me that food should be going in. See you all later. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures! I am so happy to see that beautiful marriage bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah....a fellow Canadian!!! i grew up in Burlington and visit often. i just found your blog thru Dana's and i'm so excited to follow your journey.

    i was also paralyzed in an auto accident 9 yrs ago so i can relate :)

    i'm married and we have 2 children...Carter who is 11 and Kindra who is 9. life can get crazy but i wouldn't have it any other way!

    thanks for your example, as we can all learn and teach something from each other.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete